Hi there everyone!
I have a summer recipe to share with you today and I’m really excited about it. This is the first potato salad I’ve made, and it was so good! I made this for my dad when he was visiting, and he loves bacon so I decided to add it into the potato salad. Such a good choice!
I’m including amounts with the ingredients like normal, but feel free to alter the amount of whichever ingredient(s) you would like. I know everyone has different preferences when it comes to red onions, mayonnaise, etc. so make it your own if need be! You can also omit the bacon and have a vegetarian potato salad.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 3 pound bag of red potatoes
- 1/4 – 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- Few strips of cooked bacon, cut up
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- To start, you’ll need to prep the potatoes. Wash them and then peel them. When ready, place them in cold water on the stove and then start the boiling process. Boil until cooked, and then remove from water and let cool in a large bowl.
- While potatoes are cooling, you can prep the rest of your ingredients. Wash and dry the produce, then dice up those and the eggs. Cut the bacon as well.
- When potatoes are cooled, it’s time to mash them. Make sure you leave some bigger chunks so it doesn’t turn into mashed potatoes!
- Next you will add all of the ingredients to the potatoes.
- When all ingredients are added, mix together! If it isn’t creamy enough, add more mayonnaise. You will also need to add more salt and pepper to taste (most likely).
- Once it’s all mixed and seasoned, place in fridge until you are ready to enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please give the blog a follow or you can find me @thecookingcactus on Instagram!
If you make this and post it to Instagram, please use #thecookingcactus so I can be sure to see!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!