Hi everyone! It’s been a bit, huh? Well the last two weeks have been quite eventful. I was out of town for a week for my best friend’s wedding, and we also adopted a puppy! He takes up quite a bit of time but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Thanks for your patience with the blog and I!
This recipe is for a breakfast scramble. It’s full of veggies and packed with protein. Basically, it’s perfection.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!
- 6 eggs
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Ground sausage
- Shredded cheese
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the tortillas into small triangle pieces. I normally slice them in half to start and then continue slicing from there.
- In a small pan, start to brown the sausage. Break up into smaller pieces in the pan. When the meat is almost cooked, remove from heat.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat them to make the scramble mixture. Set aside.
- In a large pan or skillet, heat a small amount of oil on medium heat.
- When oil is heated, add the tortilla triangles. Make sure to flip them so they all have an even crispness.
- Once the tortillas are a golden color, add the eggs to the pan.
- Mix and then continue to add the bell peppers and the sausage.
- Cook until meat is done and eggs are a fluffy consistency.
- Add cheese when eggs are almost finished and mix in.
- Once the scramble is finished cooking, transfer to a plate and top with more cheese, avocado slices, and some sprouts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!!
Optional- add hot sauce or salsa on top!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my boyfriend and I do! It’s so fun to make and tastes amazing!
If you like what you see, give me a follow here or @thecookingcactus on Instagram!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!