Happy Monday, everyone!
I’ve been meaning to post this for awhile, and finally got it done! Rainbow chard is in season, and I decided I had to come up with a yummy recipe for it. So, with that being said, we now have sautéed rainbow chard with lemon. It’s a great side dish and I find it pairs well with chicken or pork. But that’s just me!
This is a very lemon forward dish. If you’re not a huge lemon fan, that’s okay! Just hold back on adding the lemon juice when we get to that step.
- Rainbow chard bunch
- 1 lemon
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Start by washing the rainbow chard. Once washed, pat it dry with either paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Cut the ends off of the rainbow chard and discard. Continue to cut the rainbow chard into thin strips. You can leave in long strips, or keep cutting into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the lemon in half. Zest one half of the lemon and mince the garlic. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in large sauté pan, and turn to medium heat.
- Add garlic to the pan, and cook for about a minute. Add the rainbow chard to the pan and cook together, stirring here and there.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lemon halves into the pan. Be sure not to let the seeds fall in.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper, and stir.
- Cook until the chard is wilted and tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- At this time, add more lemon juice, salt, or pepper as you feel fit. (I squeezed the entire lemon into my dish, but that’s because I LOVE lemon!)
- When cooked through, serve onto your plate or bowl and top with some of the lemon zest.
There ya have it! Another side dish to try out.
If you like this recipe, please give the blog a follow or you can find me @thecookingcactus on Instagram!
If you make this and post it to Instagram, please use #thecookingcactus so I can be sure to see!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!
6 thoughts on “Sautéed Rainbow Chard with Lemon”
Nice Food and Post👌
Thank you so much!
Reblogged this on Eleve11 and commented:
via : Cooking cactus
Sounds divine and I’m so happy to say I have a glut of chard so I’ll be trying this for supper today! Thank you, Emma 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Emma! I hope you enjoy this recipe!! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about it!🙂