So for those of you that don’t know, I have quite the sweet-tooth. I definitely am a chocolate lover as well. Obviously that means we need some sort of dessert recipe!
Normally oatmeal cookies are made with brown sugar, but when I made these I didn’t have any on hand. So, I decided to try it out with some regular sugar instead, and loved the end result! Now this is the only way I make mine at home.
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are not only super tasty, but they’re easy to make as well!
- 1 cup butter (room temp.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Let’s Get Baking
- Cream butter and sugar (3-5 minutes).
- Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time. Mix until well combined.
- Add baking soda and flour, slowly. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add oats and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Place in rounds on foiled cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- Enjoy your cookies!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!