I shared this quick recipe on my Instagram page, and wanted to include it here as well! Margherita pizza is my favorite type of pizza. It’s so simple, yet so delicious!
This recipe uses a pre-made pizza dough to make things go faster (and easier!) so you can enjoy your pizza sooner. Any dough you find in the pantry aisle will work great. Same with a marinara/pizza sauce.
- Pizza dough
- Marinara/pizza sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh basil
- Balsamic ( I like to use California Balsamic Gilroy Garlic on mine!)
- Sea salt
Let’s Make Pizza
- Start by pre-baking the pizza dough if the dough you purchased instructs to do so.
- Finish baking dough with everything on it except the balsamic and sea salt. Sauce, cheese, tomato, and then the basil.
- When done baking, sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle balsamic over the top.
If you like this recipe, please give the blog a follow or you can find me @thecookingcactus on Instagram!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!