First recipe of 2020! Woohoo!
Let’s start the year off with a sheet pan dinner. I recently tried them for the first time, and quickly became obsessed. They’re so easy – cook and clean up! This is a honey balsamic chicken with veggies sheet pan dinner, and serves 2-4.
This recipe includes my favorite ingredient: balsamic vinegar. It is the best thing you can buy and have in your kitchen. Trust me.
If you have any questions, shoot me a message or leave a comment on the post. I’m happy to help!
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°
- Start by getting a shallow baking dish, and place your chicken thighs in it.
- In a bowl, mix together the honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour and spread over the chicken thighs, turning the chicken to make sure it all gets coated. Set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, then dice both. Dice the onion as well.
- Mince the garlic.
- Give the chicken thighs a turn in the honey balsamic marinade, and set aside.
- Add veggies to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper, and mix well.
- On a large, foiled baking sheet, spread the veggies evenly on one side.
- On the other side, place the chicken thighs. Leftover marinade can be poured over the top of the chicken.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken and veggies are done. If the chicken is done but the veggies aren’t, feel free to take the chicken off the pan and set aside, covered, and continue cooking the veggies.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!
I served some garlic bread (another one of our favorites) alongside this, and it was a great dinner.
If you enjoy this recipe and like what you see, give me a follow here or @thecookingcactus on Instagram!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!