Hello again! Summer is coming to an end, but there is still plenty of time to make this yummy salad. It is light, fresh, and super easy to make!
This was my first time ever cooking with, or eating beets. Ever. I felt like Dwight Schrute from The Office the entire time I was making this salad, and it was great. Since it was my first time trying beets, I wanted to include ingredients that I loved (like what I did with the brussels sprouts), to try and ensure I’d like them. I have to say, the beets tasted better than I thought they would! Definitely making this salad more often.
Fun fact: the beets and tomato used were grown by Austin’s parents!
The beets do need to be roasted and chilled, so make sure you give yourself a few hours head-start! Any questions? Just ask!
- 2 beets
- 1 extra large tomato, or 2 medium tomatoes
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Scrub the beets clean, and then wrap in foil, individually.
- Roast in the oven on a baking sheet for 45 minutes.
- Once the foil is cool to the touch, peel the beets. It should slide off by hand, but a peeler may be needed.
- Chill beets in fridge until ready to make salad.
- When ready to make the salad, dice the beets and tomatoes into similar sized pieces.
- Take a handful of spinach (or more if you’d like), and cut into long thin strips.
- Combine the beets, tomatoes and spinach in a bowl. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, followed by a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix ingredients together, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with goat cheese and enjoy!
I hope that you all enjoy this recipe if you try it! I would love to hear your thoughts!
If you enjoy this recipe and like what you see, give me a follow here or @thecookingcactus on Instagram!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!