Happy Monday, friends!
This next recipe is vegetarian, and I am so dang proud of it! My boyfriend, Austin, thinks that dinner isn’t dinner if there is no meat involved. I made these tacos, and he couldn’t stop eating them! He even requested I make them again! I’m taking that as a win, and I had to share with you guys.
These tacos have 4 components to them: the tortilla, avocado mash, lime crema, and the actual filling. All four are easy to make, and the tacos in total take about an hour (if that!) to make. Most of that is oven time to cook the vegetables, too.
I’m going to attempt a new formatting style, so bear with me!
If you have any questions about the recipe, please send me an email or leave a comment! I’m happy to help!
Let’s get cooking and make some yummy tacos!
- Taco Filling/Tortilla
- corn tortillas
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 can black beans
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garum marsala
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper
- 1 lime
- Avocado Mash
- 2 avocados
- garlic powder
- Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup crema
- 1 lime
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Start by peeling the sweet potatoes, and then dicing them. Next cut the cauliflower head into bite sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato and cauliflower. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, and mix. If all of the veggies aren’t coated, add up to 1 tbsp. more of the olive oil.
- Add the cumin, paprika, garum marsala, garlic powder, salt, dried parsley, chili powder, and red pepper. Cut the lime in half, and squeeze the juice from both halves into the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Place evenly on the baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes. When timer is done, take the baking sheet out, give it a shake, and add the black beans. Season with a little more salt, and put back in the oven for 5 minutes. Take out of oven and set aside when done.
- While the veggies are roasting, start the avocado mash. Mash the avocados in a bowl, and season to your liking with salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Next, the lime crema. In a small bowl, mix the crema and juice from the lime. Season to your liking with salt, chili powder, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat your tortillas. I like to heat mine in a pan on the stove with a little bit of oil, but you can heat them any way you like.
- Now it’s time to assemble your taco! Start by spreading the avocado mash on the tortilla. Add a heaping spoonful of the roasted veggies, and top with a drizzle of the lime crema.
There we have it! My first vegetarian taco recipe. Seriously so happy with how this turned out!
If you make this, please let me know! If you post it to Instagram, tag me at @thecookingcactus or use #thecookingcactus so I can see!
If you like this recipe, please give the blog a follow!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!
One thought on “Moroccan Style Vegetarian Tacos”
These look delicious!