Hey ya’ll! Here is another easy recipe that I love: chicken salad. It only calls for a few ingredients, and you can make it according to how YOU like it. It can have more of an ingredient or less of an ingredient. All I know is, however you make it, it’s easy and fast!
- chicken breasts
- red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling water in a large pot. When water is boiling, drop chicken in and cook until done- about 8-10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, dice up your celery and red onion.
- When chicken is done, it needs to be shredded. Easiest way is to use your stand mixer on medium speed with the dough hook attachment. (Shout out to my friend Tina for this trick!) If you don’t have a stand mixer, that’s totally fine! You can shred the chicken manually with forks.
- Once the chicken is shredded, it’s time to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the diced celery and red onion, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise to the chicken mixture as well. You want enough to coat all of the other ingredients.
- Mix together, and add more mayonnaise as needed.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
I like to eat my chicken salad on toasted sourdough bread, with a little more mayonnaise spread on the bread, and lettuce. This is seriously one of my favorite and easiest recipes.
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
If you enjoy this recipe and like what you see, give me a follow here or @thecookingcactus on Instagram!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!