Candied pecans, actually, any candied nuts, are a great addition to salads. They give a great crunch and a little sweetness to it. You can use candied nuts for a variety of things other than salads. They can be added to granola, cookies, they’re even good to just snack on.
Another perk? Candied nuts are pretty easy to make! Are you ready for this? Three ingredients. That’s all.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 – 1 cup of nuts (depending on desired amount)
Now here’s how it’s done:
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil on high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When boiling, add the nuts, stir lightly, and turn heat to medium.
- Let nuts soak in the sugar water for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and place nuts on a paper towel to cool.
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!