Here we go. First official food post. Being as this is the first one, I decided to go with something fairly simple and straightforward…or so I hope!
If you’re like me, you might need some help getting a move on in the morning. That’s where coffee comes to the rescue. It’s my go-to drink in the mornings, and there are so many different ways to enjoy it!
This is one of my favorite ways: ICED. There is never a bad time to enjoy an iced coffee. Period.
The coffee featured in this post is my iced white chocolate latte. It might sound complicated, but I promise you it’s not! If you have questions or need help at all, feel free to reach out to me. I am happy to help!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Ground Coffee (5 tbsp total)
- White Chocolate Syrup (Torani brand is my fave!)
- Espresso Machine
- Ice Cube Tray (I picked a cactus one because, ya know, the cooking cactus…)
LET’S GET GOING!
- Make 2 shots of espresso using 2 tbsp ground coffee, water, and espresso machine.
- When cooled, pour into the ice cube trays and place into freezer. Leave overnight.
- Next morning: Make 3 shots of espresso using the ingredients and tools from the night before, but with 3 tbsp of coffee instead.
- While espresso is going, drizzle the white chocolate sauce around the inside of your cup or glass, and a little extra on the bottom for more sweetness.
- Add the coffee ice cubes to the glass until the glass is full.
- Pour the shots of espresso over the coffee ice cubes.
- Fill the rest of the glass full with cold milk.
- Enjoy your morning pick-me-up!
You can always switch the syrups to another flavor, too! Sea salted caramel is another yummy one.
Told ya this was an easy recipe! If you give this a try, I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by The Cooking Cactus!